Design and development of eLearning materials for the Key Stage 3 Digital Module
SEREN, a structured education programme for children and young people with Type 1 diabetes and their families, stands as a pivotal initiative in Wales. Developed by health professionals, the program aims to provide comprehensive education and support for newly diagnosed young people and their families. Galactig played a crucial role in enhancing the program’s efficacy through the development of bilingual animations and interactive games for the Key Stage 3 Digital Module.
- Tailoring Education: Create a user-friendly and age-appropriate eLearning module for children in Key Stage 3.
- Language Inclusivity: Develop bilingual animations in both Welsh and English to cater to the diverse linguistic landscape of Wales.
- Engagement Through Interactivity: Design interactive games using WebGL to enhance the learning experience and ensure better retention of information.
- Diverse Audience: Tailoring content for children of varying ages and abilities, as well as their parents and carers.
- Bilingual Requirements: Ensuring linguistic inclusivity by providing content in both Welsh and English.
- Digital Learning Transition: Adapting traditional face-to-face education to an effective digital format.
9 x Bilingual Animations:
- Galactig successfully produced engaging bilingual animations that conveyed complex medical information in a clear and accessible manner. These animations cater to both Welsh and English speakers, fostering inclusivity in diabetes education across Wales.
4 x Interactive Games for WebGL:
- To make learning more interactive and enjoyable, Galactig developed a suite of interactive games using WebGL technology. These games not only reinforce key concepts but also provide a dynamic and immersive learning environment, making education more engaging for CYP.
- The eLearning module was meticulously designed with a user-centric approach, considering the diverse needs and abilities of the target audience. The content was structured to accommodate the cognitive levels of children in Key Stage 3, ensuring an effective learning experience.
SEREN has been developed in collaboration with the BERTIE team at University Hospitals Dorset. BERTIE is a QISMET accredited education programme for adults with Type 1 diabetes.